Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More new(ish) tools

The new vintage tool lists came out yesterday and after spending an hour or so looking through them, I ordered:
  1. A Stanley #4 type 19 smoothing plane;
  2. A Record Marples 060 1/2 block plane (low angle, adjustable mouth);
  3. A Stanley 945 10" brace;
  4. A Disston D8 rip saw.
It's going to be like Christmas all over again when they all get here!

My goal is to finish all the drawers for my garage cabinets in the next week or so and then move right on to my work bench. For this, I'm not planning on adding any vices initially; I will just use clamps, bench dogs and the Veritas Wonder Dog for work holding. This should cover my bases for a little while and let me start some projects.

Then, I don't care what it is, but I am going to make something!

No comments:

Post a Comment