Sunday, January 22, 2012

2 1/2 drawers done!

Yeah, I know. It's been a while and you would expect the drawers I am making to qualify for some sort of modern art award instead of just being some plywood drawers, but life happens and woodworking sometimes has to take a back seat.

Anyway, the second drawer is done and the third is read for assembly. I've measured and marked the locations for the runners and hopefully their install will go as easily as the first. I was actually pretty happy with myself when that one just slid into place on the runners. I'll finish the others tonight (if I don't get too drunk today) and put the drawer faces on this week. After that, there is just a little finish work to do (rounding edges, etc) and then I'm done with them (for now as I may build some more drawers for the little one).

My next project is going to be building a workbench and I'm pretty excited. No, it won't be a roubo built from maple and cherry. It will be a simple laminated plywood top with 2/6's for the base. But, it will be a work bench and I can't wait to start using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment